Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Story of Us

I liked it better when you were on my side..

I wonder about that sometimes. Are two people ever on the same page or is it some illusion that men and women can ever be on the same page? Do we ever move on from conversations or do we just harbor them in our hearts until we just find ourselves living on a page in a complete different book than than the one you're actually reading? I'm feeling like I'm experiencing deja vu all over again and if this were a movie, I'd be crying to myself and saying, "I told you so". But this isn't fake life, it's reality and reality is a lot harder and isn't necessarily going to end with the love of your life calling you back and saying I should've have left.. let's figure this out. So I guess that's where I am right now, in between reality and fake life... or as the phrase goes, a rock and a hard place.

If I wrote a love story, it would end like all the other love stories. That the one realizes what a mistake they made and came running back to make it all better. Maybe it'd resemble "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" or maybe even "The Notebook". In a true love story, there's always a happy ending after the grand climax where you are left wondering if the two of them will make it through, that they have to make it through because even though they're not seeing things eye to eye right now, they realize that they're crazy for each other, that everything would obviously work out and that regardless of all this, they're perfect for each other, I mean how could it not work out, right? Right?

In a perfect love story, he realizes fifteen minutes after he drives away that this was all a big misunderstanding and he turns around and drives back to her.. Right? He bangs on the door and insists she see him so they can make this all okay.

In a perfect love story, the one that I would write about grand love, she would know exactly the right words that would subdue the frustration they were both feeling. She would turn and put her hand on his and they would know this would work out. She wouldn't push things without thinking. She's know what to say after a fight so that she wouldn't be alone in her room wishing they were just falling asleep next to each other instead.
 


This is looking like a contest,
Of who can act like the careless,
But I liked it better when you were on my side.
The battle's in your hands now,
But I would lay my armor down
If you said you'd rather love than fight.
So many things that you wished I knew,
But the story of us might be ending soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment